Technical Sales Engineer, US Region - Central or West
Sound Intelligence' US entity in Chicago, Illinois and is looking to grow the US team with a Technical Sales Engineer in either the Central or West US Regions. This role will be a key player in achieving our ambitious growth plans, by supporting the territories’ customers and partners.
What is Sound Intelligence?
Sound Intelligence is a market leader in sound detection solutions for security and healthcare applications, with a fun-loving work environment and culture. Based on continuous R&D investments, our patented technology can accurately detect e.g. aggression in people’s voices, gunshots and breaking glass. Our products have been deployed in thousands of applications around the world including hospitals, schools, prisons, public transportation, retail and many more. Our team of ambitious and highly educated professionals is driven to scale-up our business together with our global network of technology and channel partners.
You will love this position if you are interested in …
- Providing support for innovative products that are made to improve situational awareness, reduce response times to potential incidents or even help prevent incidents
- Troubleshooting some of the most advanced sound detection technology available to the market
- Contributing to an environment that encourages information sharing and out of the box thinking to resolve customer issues more efficiently
- Adding your current technical knowledge to an already talented team of engineers, while enhancing your own technical skills through regular trainings
- Working in a fast-paced scale-up environment
What you’ll do here …
- Provide the highest quality technical pre- and post-sales engineering
- Provide support for Sound Intelligence products to end-customers and partners
- Prepare technical sales support materials
- Develop system design recommendations and RFPs and RFIs
- Coordinate on-site proof of concept and trial installations
- Present training seminars on-site and through webinars
- Provide in-depth troubleshooting and solutions
- Provide feedback to R&D team on product improvements
- Ensure Customer Cases are documented thoroughly
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What we have to offer
- The opportunity to play a key role in the ambitious growth plans of a high-tech scale-up company
- The opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge of the industry with an innovative company
- Colleagues who are fun, hard-working, and collaborative
- Our goal is to provide our employees with purpose, autonomy and mastery and we are always open to suggestions on how to improve on these aspects
- The opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
What we are looking for …
- Experience in the field of technical service and support.
- Professional and friendly phone etiquette with excellent customer service skills
- Proven reputation of positive customer interaction
- Solid technical writing skills especially white paper, manuals and instructions
- Design documentation skills of schematics, flow charts, topologies and metrics
- Resourceful and flexible
What You’ll Need …
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Networking Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent industry training
- 1+ year of experience as a pre sales or technical solution sales working in networking, integration, and/or audio/video related systems
- Detail oriented troubleshooting skills
Valued, But Not Required …
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of audio systems and/or sound detection
- Experience with IP Video and Video Management Systems Installation and/or configurations
- Strong networking knowledge (TCP/IP, Routers, Switches, VPN’s, Cybersecurity, etc.)
- Programming and application design
- Use of CRM tools and/or help desk applications
Location, Travel and Physical demands:
- Ideally based in the greater Dallas, Texas area or the greater Los Angeles, California area
- 25-50% travel nationwide
- Occasional international travel
- Physical Demands: Employee is occasionally required to lift 20-50 lbs.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to know more about Sound Intelligence? Take a look at our website www.soundintel.com.
Would you like to apply for this job? Send your resume and a letter motivating your application by hitting the apply button