Regional Sales Manager, US - greater Chicago area, IL (commutable to our Northfield office)
Sound Intelligence' US entity in Chicago, Illinois and is looking to grow the US team with a Regional Sales Manager based in the Chicago, IL area. This role will be a key player in achieving our ambitious growth plans, by supporting the territories’ customers and partners.
What is Sound Intelligence?
Sound Intelligence is a market leader in sound detection solutions for security and healthcare applications, with a fun-loving work environment and culture. Based on continuous R&D investments, our patented technology can accurately detect e.g. aggression in people’s voices, gunshots and breaking glass. Our products have been deployed in thousands of applications around the world including hospitals, schools, prisons, public transportation, retail and many more. Our team of ambitious and highly educated professionals is driven to scale-up our business together with our global network of technology and channel partners.
You will love this position if you are interested in …
- Selling innovative products that are made to improve situational awareness, reduce response times to potential incidents or even help prevent incidents
- Educating the market about the most advanced sound detection technology there is
- Contributing to an environment that encourages information sharing and out of the box thinking to resolve customer issues more efficiently
- Adding your current knowledge to an already talented team, while enhancing your own skills through regular trainings
- Working in a fast-paced scale-up environment
What you’ll do here …
- Continually promote and educate integrators, consultants and end users to benefit the use of Sound Intelligence technology and solutions
- Maintain enthusiastic and dedicated relations with prospects and current customers
- Arrange and execute site visits to conduct product demonstrations, presentations, lunch and learns and speaking seminars
- Work cohesively with Sound Intelligence’ Technology Partners
- Determine quality of a prospect to responsibly pursue and manage time
- Actively participate in trade shows, seminars, Webinars and other promotional sales activities
- Participate in educational events and consistently be aware of industry news
- Prepare weekly sales report with new and existing projects
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What we have to offer
- The opportunity to play a key role in the ambitious growth plans of a high-tech scale-up company
- The opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge of the industry with an innovative company
- Colleagues who are fun, hard-working, and collaborative
- Our goal is to provide our employees with purpose, autonomy and mastery and we are always open to suggestions on how to improve on these aspects
- The opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
What we are looking for …
- Strong selling skills, ability to listen and tailor presentation to meet customer needs
- Trustworthy, persistent and dedicated
- Responsible independent drive
- Resourceful and flexible
- Ability to effectively motivate in time sensitive environment
- Strong public speaking skills
What You’ll Need …
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent electronic trade training
- 2+ years’ in sales driven position
- Strong technical background
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications
Valued, But Not Required …
- Knowledge of audio systems and/or sound detection
- Experience with IP cameras, video management systems, and computer networks
- Design application capabilities
Location, Travel and Physical demands:
- Ideally based in the greater Chicago, IL area
- 50-70% travel nationwide
- Occasional international travel
- Physical Demands: Employee is occasionally required to lift 20-50 lbs.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to know more about Sound Intelligence? Take a look at our website www.soundintel.com.
Would you like to apply for this job? Send your resume and a letter motivating your application by hitting the apply button